About the job
As a Technical Artist, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who combines great artistic sense with a deep knowledge of technical methods to achieve visual excellence inside Unreal Engine.
- Establish technical pipelines to allow the team to achieve its visual goals.
- Work directly inside UE4 to create state of the art visuals.
- Help artists to implement their assets into the engine.
- Educate the team about new technologies that can improve the production efficiency.
- Work together with the Creative Director and the Art Director to establish a strong artistic vision for the game.
- You have a passion for visual design and thrive on making crazy artistic visions come to life inside the engine.
- You are a problem-solver: you see technical constraints as interesting puzzles to solve and always think of ways to make things happen.
- You are curious and always on the look out for state of the art technology that allows you to express your artistic vision in the best way possible.
- You are offended by poor workflows and clunky pipelines in a production: you want to be efficient without compromising on quality.
- You are proficient in procedural content creation
- You are excited about Unreal Engine 5 as much as we are
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona that's even better).
- Ideally you are able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note: you need to be able to communicate in English, speaking French is not required).
- Proven portfolio of excellent technical art work.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with Shaders and Rendering Pipelines.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Experience with Houdini is a big plus
Sandfall Interactive is a new studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and next gen consoles as these are the games we love the most, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to start this journey with us.
The first game we are working on is Project W, an ambitious 3D third-person turn-based jRPG-inspired game with a realistic western art style. The game is planned to release on Unreal Engine 5.