About the job
As a 3D Character Artist, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who is able to create amazing realistic 3D humans and creatures.
- Create AAA quality 3D models of characters and creatures based on the concept art provided by the Art Director. Your creative input on the concepts is greatly appreciated and we encourage you to give feedbacks.
- Texture the characters in a realistic style that matches the game's vision.
- Work together with our technical artist to implement the characters inside UE4.
- Collaborate with the team to find the best pipelines to improve our efficiency in creating characters.
- You have a deep understanding of character creation process for next-gen real time characters (including retopology).
- You are fluent in Zbrush, Photoshop, Blender / Maya / 3DS Max.
- You can produce amazing high quality textures for skins, clothes and creatures
- You can create clothes in Zbrush or Marvelous Designer.
- You are used to the real-time hair workflow (hair cards).
- You are curious and always thrive to find the latest tech that enables you to improve your models.
- Knowing how to rig and animate characters is a plus.
- Experience with Character Creator 3 is a plus.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- You are able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note: you need to be fluent in English, speaking French is not required).
- Proven portfolio of AAA quality real-time characters.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
Sandfall Interactive is a new studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and next gen consoles as these are the games we love the most, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to start this journey with us.
The first game we are working on is Project W, an ambitious 3D third-person turn-based jRPG-inspired game with a realistic western art style. The game is planned to release on Unreal Engine 5.