About the job
As a Level Designer, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality levels with interesting mechanics.
- Create AAA quality levels working hand in hand with the Art Director and Environment Artists.
- Conceptualize, design and script game levels.
- Block-out levels inside Unreal Engine 4.
- Work with the Creative Director and Game Designers to bring innovative ideas to all aspects of game design.
- Be a driving force in improving the player experience in the levels.
- Create fun environmental puzzles for the player to solve.
- Work with other designers to place enemies in the environment.
- Work with other designers to create fun gameplay abilities usable during the exploration.
- You have a deep understanding of level design and what makes a level fun to play, ideally on single player games.
- You have a good ability to explain level design intentions to the rest of the team.
- You are able to work with the artistic team to create levels that are both interesting to play and beautiful.
- You know how to create well optimized levels.
- You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of our pipelines to create amazing levels.
- Having a good artistic vision for environments is a plus.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- You are able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note: you need to be fluent in English, speaking French is not required).
- Proven portfolio of AAA quality levels.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
To apply for this position, send a portfolio with a resume and a short cover letter explaining your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandfall Interactive is a new studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and next gen consoles as these are the games we love the most, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to start this journey with us.
The first game we are working on is Project W, an ambitious 3D third-person turn-based jRPG-inspired game with a realistic western art style. The game is planned to release on Unreal Engine 5.